Sherril's favourite quote....

"......so that we can do great things in future"

By Dorae-ong

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fullhouse Cafe @ Penang Times Square

full house exterior

 

I am sure that from the above picture, many Malaysians should know that this place is called Fullhouse Cafe Smile

Well, Fullhouse is actually a Lifestyle Store and Cafe. Inside, they do not only sell food, but also clothes, accessories, gifts etc. Once you step inside this beautifully decorated cafe, you will be instantly greeted by white-cloured walls with perfect lighting that will ease your mood almost immediately. Together with the simple and lovely decorations, the ambience is just too hard to resist.

Well, at least that was my 1st impression when I first stepped into its outlet in Ara Damansara. The decorations… I just Red heart them!

As we know, Fullhouse already has few outlets in KL and PJ area -  Ara Damansara, Sunway Giza, SS2 Mall, Sunway Pyramid and Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. And now finally it has arrived in Penang Times Square, and seemed to have attracted many Penangites Smile

Heard that now Penangites “heng” ( meaning in trend in hokkien) Fullhouse…. well, definitely not me haha.

But Kuak said since there is an outlet in Penang Times Square why not give it a try? Hmm actually I knew that he just wanted a place with nice ambience to dine with me during our date Winking smile If you ask me to go, I may be reluctant because from my past experience in KL, the food to me is just acceptable, not exceptionally delicious. What they sell is more to ambience.(like I said, that is my point of view, no offence)

But since Kuak suggested, why not? Hehe.

Fullhouse Cafe has a signature decoration that they usually place in front of the main entrance, which is a car as shown below.

fullhouse car

 

We were searching for this type of car inside Times Square, but what we found at the entrance was…..

fullhouse penang times square

 

a trishaw.

fullhouse trishaw

 

Haha this truly resembles Penang, doesn’t it? Smile

Anyway when I went in only then I realized there were 2 entrances, the one I went into was decorated with trishaw while the other entrance was decorated with its signature car.

Once we sat down, I quickly grabbed the menu and flipped because I was super hungry. As usual, the menu is designed in a quirky style whereby there are even comic to read at the pages behind, which involves the “cartoon characters” of Fullhouse Cafe.

full house menu

 

Kuak posing in front of camera, and I thought the most right picture is a bit unlike him haha.

bb

 

While waiting for our food, I snapped a few pictures around.

fullhouse bar

 

xmas decorations

 

DSC_0062

 

Now let’s talk about the food.

DSC_0039

 

We ordered:

No.141: Wok-Sear Chicken Chop RM16.90

wok-sear chicken chop

 

To be on the safe side I ordered Wok-Sear Chicken Chop which I usually ordered in PJ outlet. But.. it turned out that this dish disappointed me. How to say? Erm, the portion is smaller and the chicken is a bit too hard. However undeniably the sauce is tasty.

 

No.144 Oven Roasted Chicken Tenderloin RM19.90

oven roasted chicken tenderloin

 

Kuak ordered this dish. Nothing much special and he complained that it is a bit hard. Well….. what do you say?

 

No.111 Forest Mushroom Soup RM8.90

forest mushroom soup

 

No. 701 Cappucino RM9.90

DSC_0027

 

Anyway, after dining we went up 2nd floor to look at the surroundings. I really Red heart these pictures / cartoons. Should find one day and draw this type of cartoon.

DSC_0071

DSC_0078

 

The department that sells clothes and accessories.

DSC_0094

 

DSC_0096

 

At the same floor that we dined, we could see many little pretty items on sale.

DSC_0097

 

full house interior

 

Now, it is time for me to wrap up my dinner at this Fullhouse Cafe.

full house food

 

Overall I should just say, PJ outlet left me with better impression compared to this time. If you are not too particular about food and need a place with such ambience, Fulhouse Cafe is certainly your choice!

Well, that’s all folks. See you around for more food tasting Smile

 

DSC_0105

 

Fullhouse Lifestyle Store and Cafe (Penang outlet)

Address: 77-G-20,21,22,61,62,63,64,65, Penang Times Square, Jalan Dato Keramat, 10150 Georgetown, Penang.

 


-sherril=xuele-

1 FOOTPRINTS:

Jhu said...

haha wanna draw ur wedding portrait with kuak? why stressed on that?