Sherril's favourite quote....

"......so that we can do great things in future"

By Dorae-ong

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Soba Yoshi Japanese Restaurant, Krystal Point

For today's dinner, my dad brought us to Soba Yoshi Japanese Restaurant at Krystal Point, Penang.




This was my 1st visit to this Japanese restaurant. Well, my dad's treating us dinner for my birthday so I thought of dining Japanese food as I love Jap food a lot =) So my dad recommended this restaurant. Guess he brought his clients there before and thought the food was not bad.




Like those reviewes I found online after dining, this restaurant indeed has the traditional Japanese atmosphere. Plus, there are magazines and books in Japanese language.




According to my dad, normally businessmen will bring clients to this restaurant to dine. Maybe because now it is still the "Nine Emperor Gods Festival", there were not many customers when we arrived. Hence, our food was served quite fast =)

As we always make it a habit not to overeat especially dinner, we shared 2 rice sets among us. Mum and I ordered a set of unagi rice with mushroom...




that comes with a bowl of noodles, miso soup and a plate of fruits.



This rice set was not bad. We loved it.

As for my dad, he ordered a fish rice set. I am not sure what is the name of the fist, but it is his favourite.




And we ordered a side order - bitter gourd.



I was very very in love with this dish. Simply delicious! Those who like bitter gourd which is not too bitter, this is the one. Tasted nice with the eggs =)




I wonder if next year I will still get to have birthday dinner with them?

Overall, I quite like this restaurant. At least, it is a change for me as I normally dine in Japanese restaurants that have conveyor belts like Sushi Zanmai.


Food: Not bad
Price: Quite reasonable
Ambience: Nice

Soba Yoshi Japanese Restaurant
Address: 303-01-15, Krystal Point, Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, Bayan Baru, 11900 Penang.
Business Hours: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 6.00pm - 10.00pm
Tel / fax: 04-6468650 / 04-6468614



2 FOOTPRINTS:

~ellehcim~ said...

sweet....nice birthday...full of envies!!! i havent been celebrating my bdays with my family for at least 5 years...=( hope you had a good birthday celebration with your family and friends!!! *hugs*

Sherril 雪乐 said...

hehe yea I had a nice time celebrating with family and different friends =)

Aiks coz you are at overseas for so many years my dear, and every time your birthday does not fall on your sem break..

Nvm, you still can celebrate over there.. happy birthday in advance, sis!!!

*hugs and lovesss*