Sherril's favourite quote....

"......so that we can do great things in future"

By Dorae-ong

Monday, May 03, 2010

1 down. 2 more to go.

*screaming out loud!!!!*

Ok, so I did extremely bad in my 1st paper - Mechanical Vibrations. The feeling while handing up my paper was the same when I handed up my nightmare subject - Maths 2 paper few semesters ago. Scared. Worried. Sad. Disappointed. And tears nearly came out. Lol.

I tried so hard. I really studied. Did the questions be it tutorials or pass year papers. Spent nearly 70% of my study week in this subject, just because I thought I am so weak in this subject and I need to study harder than anyone else in order to obtain a reasonable grade.

Mana tau...

This paper demotivated me. completely.

Maybe I was really too nervous and worried before exam. When I flipped open the paper I thought at least there were some questions that I seemed to be able to answer. But once I started to do, suddenly my mind went blank. Even the simplest derivation took me minutes. Yeah, you know how much it costs to waste MINUTES in exam when actually you should only use seconds.

But the worst thing is, not only it took me minutes, in the end I knew my derivation was wrong. I KNEW IT WAS WRONG! But, I just could not find out what went wrong. So there goes my precious marks. Not only 1 question, the rest... I am so speechless.

Sigh.

Sorry mom and dad. This time, there is a real high possibility that I have to retake this subject. But hopefully, I shall be able to survive. I do not want to go through this painful subject again. I really have no interest in it =(

1 down. 2 more to go.

All the best to the rest. And all the best to myself.


-sherril=xuele-

7 FOOTPRINTS:

yekhong said...

last year i was worry about this subject also, since i was robocon-ing and just spent nearly 1 day on this subject. However, i passed it although with a quite bad grade ><

no matter how good luck to you in your coming 2 subjects:)

yen said...

Me too.. Spent most of the time study but end up I did so badly for my first paper...sad sad sad!!!

let's add oil together!

独木舟-国盛 said...

cheer up ya...
i think our Uni got such thing call bell shape distribution...
so , you will be safe..

gambateh on next subject ya...
support weach other...

good night,...

CCFE said...

haiz...

the lecturer Dr Huang said that the normal distribution (bell shape) will not be skewed too much, and the passing mark is 55%

He said before the failing rate is more than 25%

study well.
i guess other subjects will not be so unpredictable, which Dr Huang, Dr Nazir is very famous of.

Sherril 雪乐 said...

Yek Hong: You are geng. 1 day??? I will definitely fail if I spend only 1 day.

Yen : Sigh. Nvm... all the best to you too!!!

Kok Sheng : no worries, you will not fail your hydraulics =) Your lecturer is very kind hehe.

All the best ya!

-ZHY- said...

Oh, girl...

Why are you doubting you effort in studying?

If you put in effort, then you shouldn't be regretful for what you did.

You did put in more effort in the subject which you think is more challenging, that's good.

What past is past,
whatever happened, happened.

You can't change what happened, the past, (unless time machine was invented), but you can change the future.

Don't be demotivated just that the exam paper was set too challenging for you.

In your mind, you should think that 'I am going to do better next time!'... That is self motivation.

There are much more things that are and will be more challenging than what you are facing today.

Later in life, you'll think about Love,
Loan,
Laundry,
Land,
Landlord,
Life and
Little charming ones (offsprings).

There are much more to be endeavoured in your life... Take it as exploration rather than being contented and complaining about this and that, because that's an act of evading responsibility, by shifting the attention of the subject.

Seems that my assumption few months ago was indeed quite accurate: someone was being ignored intentionally. I am sure that person will never feel good if get known about it.

My philosoply is, i'll treat every person fair; and, will treat one the same way in return, or even more than, the way one treats me.

Just like
A 'If you treat me fair, i'll treat you fair;
B if you treat me nice, i'll treat you even better;
C if you treat me like shit, i'll make sure you die.(literally)'

Therefore be wise in treating other people. Think of the consequences of every action you're doing.

You're an engineering student, then i think you are quite fimiliar with Newton's Third Law of Motion:
For every action there will be the same amount of reaction.

And the net action will be zero.
A 0=0-0 >>> 0=0
B 0=1-1 >>> 1=1
C 0=-1-(-1) >>> -1=-1


Life doesn't sucks if you're not earning life collecting rubbish cans. Oh, just wish you'll be well for your examination.

-ZHY-

Sherril 雪乐 said...

ZHY : thanks for your advice. haha however i know what im doing so no worries. take care =)