Sherril's favourite quote....

"......so that we can do great things in future"

By Dorae-ong

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Singaporean Friend

Kenny, is a Singaporean who came to Penang for his 1-month industrial training. He is training in the same company as Zhi Ling in Polytool and came along with us last night to Farlim night market.

I always feel proud when people give awesome comments about Penang. As usual, I asked him how he felt about Penang in his 1 month stay here. His answers were:

"The food is really nice."
"And the people are friendly."

Well, food of course I will definitely say they are delicious. But I am really glad he felt that Penangites are friendly =) Then am I friendly as well?? Haha.

Anyway he made a statement which made this 1st meeting and probably the last one an unforgettable one.

After Zhi Ling fetched me and Shyuan we chatted non-stop on the car. I would say I totally had no image in front of this new friend haha. Anyway when we reached and got down the car, he whispered to Zhi Ling about something which made Zhi Ling laughed like hell.

Zhi Ling was so excited and went on like:


ZL: "Sherril, Sherril, I want to tell you something about what Kenny said just now."

S: "What did he say? Must be something about me lo."

ZL: "He said he was shocked to see you SO SHORT."

S: "........."

S: "Haven't you seen people like me in this height??"

(I can't hear properly what he said except this sentence)
K: "我吓到。在车里我还以为你蛮高的。"
[trans: I was shocked. I thought you are tall when you're in the car]

S: "......."
S: "没看过这样矮的人meh?新加坡没有这样高度的女生meh?"
[trans: Haven't you seen such short person? Singapore does not have this kind of girls meh?]

(I think this was his answer)

K: "Nope, I haven't seen before."

S: "............" (laughing hard)


Then I quickly told him that my height is at least over 150cm and I am surely NOT the shortest in uni. Haha nothing to be proud of but nothing to be ashamed of too. I find his reactions and comments very funny because normally people's comments about me are "You are short."

But his was like "How come there is such short person on the earth?"

Haha. But he is indeed a friendly guy who happens to be in the same course as us. After chatting more with him only then I knew that there are not much chinese night markets in Singapore and he has not seen Taiwan Sausage and Lok Lok before. Cool because Penang is full of them and he can eat as much as he like since he will be leaving on Friday.

Anyway this night market trip left me wondering about 2 questions.


1. Are Singaporean girls all tall and there are really no petites at all???
2. What makes he think that I am tall in the first place based on my voice???


-sherril=xuele-

8 FOOTPRINTS:

~K£cќ~ said...

Aduh ... sedihnya story u XD

Kae Vin said...

haha ur post made my day.

and to answer ur question:

1. Because Sinkapoleans are over-nutritious so no short people there :P

2. Well, you got a HIGH pitched voice thus the impression of a tall girl :P

Just kidding! Have fun and promote Penang yay~

Farlim PM very little things only :P

Anonymous said...

Sherril:-

It sure hurts alot because people portray short as bad, negative, etc.

I'm pretty sure that you had been mentally assaulted ever since you grew slower than others and eventually came to this height.

Your tone is that you had accepted that fact to be short, and used to be, or probably immune to others' remarks about your height.

It's very sad fact actually. I'm really sorry to see you to be the one who was always being jokingly or not, laughed at about your height.

Probably your life had always been a cloudy one, and yet you are though enough and had got used to it.

A girl, who is in her young life of 21, should be cheerful and full of happiness. Why you had been treated differently than others? Perhaps later something good will equal this inequalities for you.

Speaking about good things, how about your object of affection of that day that you said that it was your dream came true? It should provide you tons of happiness till now and but today you posted up this not-so-cheerful-feelings-post? What happened to your dream? Why didn't you mention anything more about it?

I thought that a new relationship would provide you more happiness, as your last post, you seems to be still hanging around with doubt, not knowing which way to go. Didn't that provide happiness and assurance?


-ZHY-

Sherril 雪乐 said...

KLCK : haha not sedih at all no worries. but i really think it's quite funny when i saw his reactions haha

kae vin : glad it made your dayXD

haha over-nutritious? then are you hinting me that im facing malnutrition problem????

my voice really high-pitched meh? haha then next time i try to talk to u in a low pitched voice XD

will continue promote if there are tourists coming in =) oh n thanks for the trip ya!

ZHY : hey no worries! haha i was surely not offended by his comments. in fact it made me laugh =) this post is meant to be a cheerful one, not a non-cheerful post.

im ok with my height, really. I mean, being short is an advantage at times, isnt it? im looking at the positive side.

well, i wouldnt talk so much about it for the time being since like you say... there's some few reasons. anyway, for the time being, everything went on well. thanks for your concern.

have a nice day and take care ya!

Dorae-ong said...

加油,要快高长大哦。

Më| §zë said...

lol... i get that sometimes too...

ppl will go like, eh, you are very short la...

hm, yea, i can't exactly help it k... but never mind, i'm fine with it..

=]

ps: i'm sort of the shortest in my group of friends... =.=

Jayren Kwan Hann Yaw said...

Lol , Sherril , Funny la your singapore friend expression and reaction, and what he say also . U got high-pitched voice meh ? =D

Sherril 雪乐 said...

Dorae-ong :哈哈我已经不能长高了。所以我和你是同一个家族的!=)

mei sze : haha it's ok girl, if we think positively, sometimes it's fun to be short =) n, you're taller than me!!

haha im also the shortest among ALL my circles of friends. my tallest fren is around 190cm, nearly half metre higher than me =_=


jayren :haha u should ask kae vin (the 2nd person to comment). he said that. i dunno myself haha